We go through Excess Telecom free Government phone offer, hotspot, and tablet replacement guide.
There exist so many small networks which came to the limelight with the debut of the Affordable Connectivity program. A few such networks include Airtalk Wireless, Safelink, Natural Wireless, Tempo Wireless, SFone Wireless & many more. Excess Telecom is one of America's largest and fastest-growing telecommunication networks. Its services are spread in 47 countries and have over 1,00,000 happy customers. Here we will go through Excess Telecom's free phone service, plans, hotspots, & a free tablet PC via the ACP program.
We will go through the following discussions in this article -
- About Excess
- Free Tablet
- Application Status
- Phone Number
- Mobile Data
What is Excess Telecom?
Excess Telecom is a telecom network, classified as MVNO that provides free internet services and free tablets to low-income families. These tablets are distributed under the Affordable Connectivity Program(ACP) which was earlier named Emergency Broadband Benefit (EBB) or Lifeline.
This program has especially been initiated for households struggling to afford internet service during the COVID-19 pandemic. You can easily find a free Government phone store near you.
Households enrolled in the Lifeline program as of 31 December 2022 will automatically be migrated to the new ACP plan and continue to receive their current monthly benefit during a 60-day transition period, and by now you might have been migrated to the ACP program.
Excess Telecom Free Tablet ACP:
In order to get a free tablet PC, you should choose ACP 50 Value plan with them, which provides 25 GB of data with free cell phone services (minutes and data) and a free tablet PC.
If you are living in tribal lands, then you get up to 35 GB of data per month with the above-said deals of free phone service and a tablet PC for use.
Who are eligible to get ACP Free Tablet/Phone:
There are several ways in which you qualify to be part of ACP discount service, here they are -
Income Based Qualification
People with low-income groups and low living standards can enroll in this service. To be a beneficiary, an individual's or household's income should not exceed 200% of the federal poverty guideline. All the states have the same guidelines, still, if an individual is interested to check the poverty line of a particular state, he can go through the state website.
Students who got Federal Pell Grant
Federal Pell Grant is a special scholarship given to students who come from low-income families. The student has to display the required documents to be a beneficiary of this program. They can be eligible to be part of EBB and get a free tablet.
Loss of Job, income, or Business
Covid- 19 pandemic has affected a broad group of individuals to earn their daily requirements. This program is eligible for those who have lost jobs since 29th February 2020. The individual's income should be below 99,000 USD and all the required documents should be submitted to avail of this program.
Federal Assistance Program
This program has been arranged to assist individuals with relatively low incomes. The beneficiary of this program is proof that the individual has a low income.
How To Get Excess Telecom Free Tablet
- If an individual has enrolled in any of the below government assistance programs, he can qualify for Excess Wireless's free wireless service and a free tablet.
- CalFresh, Food Stamps, or Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program( SNAP)
- California Work Opportunity and Responsibility to Kids(CalWorks)
- Federal Public Housing Assistance for Section 8
- Greater Avenue for Independence(GAIN)
- Healthy Families Category A
- Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program(LIHEAP)
- National School Lunch Program
- Stanislaus County Work Opportunity and Responsibility to Kids(StanWORKs)
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) also called (CalWORKS, StanWORKS, WTW, and GAIN)
- Veterans & Survivor Benefits
- Women, Infants, and Children Program(WIC)
- Tribal TANF
- Bureau of Indian Affairs General Assistance
- Head Start Income Eligible (Tribal Only)
- Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservation
What Documents are Required for Excess Telecom Free Tablet Application
The following documents are required to qualify for Emergency Broadband Benefits or LifeLine or ACP -
- The first and foremost document required is Identity Proof. For Ex: Passport, State ID, other government-issued ID, U.S. driver's license, U.S. military ID, Individual taxpayer Identification Number, Tribal Identification Number, or Social Security Number.
- An official document showing the address. For Example Driving license, tribal ID, or another government-based issued ID, utility bill, or tax return.
- A document proving your household income. For Example prior years' state, federal or tribal tax return, current income statement from your employee, a Social Security Statement of benefits, Veterans Statement of benefits, divorce decree, child support award, or an official document showing your income, a retirement statement of benefits.
- An official document stating your substantial loss of income.
- An official document is providing your qualifying assistance program participation.
Adults who are above 18 years of age can apply for the ACP program. An emancipated minor can apply for the EBB program by providing all documents proving it, such as a court document or a certificate.
What Brand of Phones Does Excess Telecom Send?
There is a range of mobile phones that come with the Excess Telecom ACP program. It's no guarantee that you will get an iPhone when you signup for ACP as you can get any of the following mid-range mobiles -
- Apple iPhone 7/7 Plus
- Apple iPhone 8/8 Plus
- Apple iPhone 6/6S/6S Plus
- Samsung Galaxy A12, A32, A52
- Google Pixel Phone (Pixel 5/4/3)
- Motorola phones
- Sky Device phone
- Schok phone
Excess Telecom Application Status:
Follow the below-mentioned steps in order to apply for inclusion in ACP under Excess Telecom -
- Check with Excess telecom broadband service providers. Check for network coverage and availability in your area.
- Then check for ACP eligibility. You can check for your eligibility in 'Who is eligible to get Emergency Broadband Benefit Free Tablet' in this article.
- Get in touch with Excess Telecom to tell them you wish to receive free monthly service and an Excess Telecom Free tablet. You can login to www.excesstelecom.com or call them by phone at +800-615-0898.
- In excesstelecom.com enter your ZIP code in the provided box. Then press 'Learn more' and follow the instructions provided.
Once your application is approved, you will get the excess telecom-free tablet.
Excess Telecom Tablet Replacement or Phone Replacement:
It's extremely sad to see that you have lost your tablet, or it's not working. In either case, you can ask for a replacement device. You can get a replacement for your tablet by calling customer care at +800-615-0898.
Excess Telecom Agent Phone Number
You can reach the customer care department at Excess Telecom by dialing +800-615-0898 and talking to an agent for help with a new connection, existing problems & complaints.
Excess Wireless Customer Service:
You can reach Excess customer care agents via the following methods -
|Excess Customer Service Number||+800-615-0898|
|Dial from your Excess Line||611|
Is Excess Wireless Legit or Real?
Excess Wireless or Excess Telecom is a US FCC-approved telecom network, and it's true about the free monthly minutes & data that it provides. It has a license from USAC to offer an ACP plan on its network.
So you can trust the network 100%.
Excess Data Not Working:
There are many reasons why the mobile data on your phone isn't working or you are unable to receive signals.
Make sure of the following -
- Your mobile data is turned ON.
- Check whether you haven't reached your mobile data limits or not.
You can read more about why 5G mobile data isn't working.
Excess Hotspot not Working:
Are you having trouble sharing mobile data with other users on your Excess phone, check out the steps on how to fix mobile data not working issues.
So that's all about the Excess Telecom ACP program details, alongside a one-time discount on tablet purchases and details on how to check Excess Telecom Application status.
Resources: https://www.excesstelecom.com , https://affordableconnectivity.gov
This post was last modified on October 12, 2023 9:37 AM