TruConnect is an MVNO that runs on T-Mobile towers. Ever since they got the nod to be an Affordable Connectivity Program seller from FCC, the network become very famous. Earlier it was only known by a few people in selected states of the USA. Through the ACP program, you can get a TruConnect free tablet, and here we will learn how to get one, the eligibility process, application status & how to apply.
TruConnect Free Tablet
We all know that the Lifeline program is a long-run initiative by the US government that provides affordable Internet connectivity to all which was later renamed Emergency Broadband benefit (EBB). In 2021, US Fed extended this program to offer free telecom services to eligible households & further renamed the program as Affordable Connectivity Program. Through this, you get free minutes, data, and text per month, and it's limited to one per household. Further, this program was extended to provide one time discount on tablet PCs and a laptop as well.(Check free Government laptop offer)
So through the ACP program, now you get a discount on -
- Monthly smartphone bills
- One-time discount on the purchase of a tablet PC
- One-time discount on the purchase of a laptop
Anyone who wants to get a free Truconnect tablet from the US government should meet up the eligibility criteria. It's limited to one per household and let's learn what you can do with this tab and it doesn't require any credit checks or fees to participate.
There are many advantages of using this tablet, such as -
- Best device for video calls
- Group calls with your friends & family
- You can use it for the classroom, online study & emergency services
Why it Called Free Government Tablet:
Although the government is providing one time discount of $100 on a purchase of a tablet PC, the devices are easily available from $100 to $150. So it's virtually free. Further, some dealers keep good-conditioned refurbished tablets like Galaxy Tab, and Apple iPad as well. So it's also called discounted tablets.
The process of the free TruConnect tablet application is very simple and straightforward. It's a two-way process in which you need to apply for inclusion under ACP at the official website and also you need to contact your network operator.
Step 1: Apply for ACP
- Visit the official https://www.affordableconnectivity.gov page and click on Apply Now.
- Please provide your name, date of birth, Identity number, home address, & other details on page 2.
- Once you fill in those details, you will get a confirmation code which you need to provide in step 2.
Step 2: Contacting Network Provider
- Just open the official website of the company at https://www.truconnect.com.
- Please provide your ZIP code and email ID to continue.
- Please fill in all the details on the next page.
Within 7 to 14 days you will get your ACP-free tablet.
How to Activate:
In order to activate your TruConnect tablet, you just need to turn it ON. If it has a SIM card option then please insert the SIM card that came with the tab and your device is activated.
What Kind of Tablet is TruConnect Giving Away:
Neither TruConnect nor ACP staff doesn't know which tablet you will get. According to sources, it depends on stock and availability. Its believed that you will get any of the following tablet brands -
- Latest Apple iPad
- Latest Samsung Galaxy Tab
- Amazon Fire Tablet
- New Microsoft Surface Tablet
- Lenovo tablet
Upgrade TruConnect Tablet:
You can easily upgrade your existing free ACP tablet by calling the TruConnect customer care department.
TruConnect Free Tablet Phone Number:
You can call on (800) 430-0443 to talk with a representative at TruConnect regarding this Lifeline offer.
So that's how you can get a TruConnect free tablet PC, the eligibility & application process & some FAQs.