In this guide check out how to get one free 5G government phone with free internet under the ACP scheme.
By this time you might know that there is a popular Affordable Connectivity Program by the Federal government of America that entitles eligible and low-income consumers to free 5G government phones with free internet totaling up to $75/month discount(only for qualifying tribals).
Hi, my name is Yogesh Khetani, and in this article, I will be your guide on how to get one of the government 5G phones for free.
"Time is Money", so without any due let's get started.
Free 5G Government Phones: Serving to the Needy Citizens
The Affordable Connectivity Program formerly known ACP Program, is an extension of the previously known Lifeline program.
With Lifeline you get free internet but with the introduction of ACP, you also get a free phone with internet on it.
You can get a 5G phone from brands like Samsung, Sony, Apple, Sky Devices, TCL, Motorola, Alcatel, or Asus by simply applying for the ACP program or Lifeline program, choosing networks like AirTalk Wireless that offers a choice of device and choose the latest 5G handset among available options. That's how you can get a free 5G Government phone.
Here in this article, we will be going through the following topics of discussions -
- Federal Assistance Program
- For Tribal
- How to Apply or Procedure
- Phones Brand
You get the following benefits from being a part of the ACP program -
- $30 monthly discount on wireless phones or internet services(for those living in qualifying tribal lands gets up to $75/month)
- One-time discount of $100 on the purchase of a laptop or tablet PC(some cases free tablets)
The first thing you should check is whether you are eligible to receive one such 5G phone from the government or not.
The Federal government designed the ACP program so that it benefits the person who actually needs it and you can qualify in three ways -
- Already receiving Lifeline benefits
- Income-based qualification
- Participation in existing government-discounted programs
If you are a participant in an earlier Lifeline program, you must have been upgraded to ACP program benefits automatically.
Federal Assistance Program:
You or anyone from your family should be a participant in the following government programs -
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) or Food Stamps
- Veteran Pension & Survivors Benefit
- Federal Public Housing Assistance (FPHA)
- School Lunch Program or School Breakfast Program
- Received a Federal Pell Grant in the current year
You also qualify based on your household income if it is less than 200% or less than the Federal Poverty Guidelines.
Qualifying Tribal Lands:
Those who live in the tribal lands will get a discount of up to $75/month or phone or internet service based on their participation in -
- Head Start
- Bureau of Indian Affairs General Assitance
- Tribal Temporary assistance
- Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations
One who claims the ACP free 5G government phone can make use of the device in the following ways -
- You can use it to connect with your friends and family members socially
- Stay connected via voice
- Use the internet for video calls, social messaging & more
- Use it for education to access courses online
- Watch movies, web series, TV for entertainment
Definitely, this program is designed to provide the most benefits to eligible customers but it has a few limitations and they are -
- Only one member of the family can claim ACP benefits
- You need to make at least one call so that your ACP account doesn't get dormant. If it's in dormant status, the re-activation process is almost the same as the new ACP application.
Now that you have understood the pros and cons of the program, let's get started with the process on how to apply.
How to Apply for ACP:
Once you have checked the documents through which you qualify for ACP, you now need to apply for one free phone connection with discounted services.
Follow the process mentioned below in order to apply for inclusion under ACP -
- Visit the official page to fill out your information.
- Provide all the details like your street address, city/town, Zip code, and contact information.
- Upload the documents through which you qualify
- Also, provide your driver's license or income proof for personal identification.
Once you are done with this, you will have to wait up to 7 days to get your ACP discounted services along with a free 5G government phone.
Alternatively, some networks accept ACP applications directly on their website, so check out websites like AirTalk Wireless, Tempo Wireless, Assurance Wireless, Standup Wireless & more.
For those using Lifeline, you will be auto-migrated to ACP discounted services.
Brand of 5G Phone:
People have been selective with brands and so many networks like AirTalk Wireless offer a choice of phone that you want to get.
The brand of 5G phone that you might receive falls under the following big-name brands -
So that's all about the Affordable Connectivity Program and how to get free 5G government phones. I hope your query is resolved and if you have any questions please ask.
This post was last modified on November 6, 2023 7:44 AM