In this guide check out How to Download & Install ADB Fastboot Drivers on Windows & Mac [ADB Fastboot Tool].
Advanced smartphone users like flashing their phones with custom Recoveries like TWRP, ROMs, and custom ROMs. For these to be done successfully, you need to download ADB fastboot drivers. Here in this guide, we have gone through a full tutorial on How to Install ADB Fastboot Drivers on Windows and Mac. This guide deals with ADB drivers download latest, ADB drivers Mac download and installation, and ADB drivers Windows 10.
Why ADB Drivers?
The purpose of ADB drivers for Windows and Mac computers is to send terminal commands between your phone and the PC.
How to Setup ADB Drivers and Fastboot Drivers?
Though it's quite easy to setup ADB and fastboot drivers, there are some who find difficulty in setting it up(for novice users). Here is a quick guide on how to install ADB fastboot drivers on Windows and MAC PC/laptops.
Previously, with the older ADB version, the task of installation was a very difficult one. Several users faced regular issues and problems. Thanks to Android developers for their efforts to make things easy. The Complicated task like the full Android SDK is now not required.
How to Install ADB and Fastboot Drivers on Windows:
There are two methods by which you can install the ADB drivers Android fastboot on your Windows 10/8.1/8/7 and Windows XP. We will be going through a separate guide on how to do that on Mac OS. They are -
- Quick 15 seconds ADB installer method
- ADB Fastboot Minimal - Installation on Windows
We will be going through each method here, but before that, you should ensure that USB debugging is enabled on your phone. In order to do that, you should go to Settings > About Phone and then tap on Development. Now enable USB debugging.
Installing ADB and Fastboot Drivers - Quick Method
This is an all-in-one tool for the 3 most needed PC tools for Android.
- Download the ADB and fastboot drivers ZIP from here.
- Run the EXE file from setup.
- Now a Command will pop up on your screen. Type "Y" to confirm the installation.
- Now once again press "Y" when prompted to begin device driver installation.
- Finally, Click on Finish.
That's why you have installed ADB Fastboot drivers on your PC. For the ADB Fastboot the latest version
15 Second ADB Installer Download Latest
File Size: 9.18 MB
Version 1.4.3 from here
Version 1.4.2 from here
Install Fastboot Drivers with Minimal ADB and Fastboot
- Download the Minimal ADB and fast boot setup files from here. It's a lightweight tool by another XDA user.
- Run the installation process as Administrator by right-clicking and Run as Administrator.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the setup which is very easy to do it. There is no need to launch it now.
This ADB Fastboot Tool will work on both 32-bit and 64-bit Windows PC/laptops.
Installing ADB Fastboot with Android SDK Tools on MacOS
Follow the process mentioned below -
- Since Mac is a different PC you should first install the Android Command line from here.
- Open the Extracted files and then the tools folder.
- Now double-click on the Android icon a terminal will open, and you will also see that the Android SDK Manager window will open up. This will help you to download ADB and Fastboot drivers on Mac.
- In the next screen, you will see all the items by default checked. You will have to only check Android SDK Platform tools and the remaining others you can uncheck.
- Now click on "Install 1 package".
- Now another window will open, and you need to ensure that 'Android SDK Platform-tools is present on the left side.
- Click on "Agree".
- Version 1.4.3 (latest)
- Version 1.4.2
- Version 1.4.1
- Version 1.4
- Version 1.3
- Version 1.2
- Version 1.1
- Version 1.0 (First release)
Upcoming Version: ADB 1.4.4
That's it for ADB and Fastboot for Mac - from Download to Installation Guide.
This post was published on August 15, 2022 4:05 PM