BLU Products has recently unveiled all-new Bold N1, BLU G9 Pro and BLU Vivo XI Plus smartphone. It's a revolutionary smartphone that redefined the BLU brand going forward in 2018. With this device, Samuel Ohev Zion, the BLU Products CEO has promised that the device will get Android Pie update and after a long delay, it really happening.
Infact this was the first BLU phone to be launched with a promised firmware update, i.e., to the Android 9.0 Pie update.
BLU Vivo XI+ Android Pie update
Vivo XI Plus is the latest smartphone by the BLU which will carry the company's brand until the next year Mobile World Congress, where BLU is expected to announce a new flagship maybe the BLU Vivo XII, the BLU Vivo 12 along with big size BLU Vivo XII+, also called as BLU Vivo 12 Plus.
Google recently named the Android 9.0 version as the Android Pie and BLU Products CEO was quick to announce that the BLU Vivo XI+ will be their first device to get this upgrade and the update is really happening now.
Here is what BLU Products announced officially via twitter -
Still there are no confirmed details on when and how the update will be rolled out but it will be happening by the end of the year mostly.
How to Install Android Pie on BLU Vivo XI+
If you own this device, then you are definitely bound to receive this update. Mostly this update will happen via Over the Air update, a common method used to update an Android phone to the latest officially released firmware upgrades.
Update as on Jan 10, 2019: The beta Android Pie update is now available for download.
Update as on May 10, 2019: This update is still not rolling out.
So, on your BLU Android phone, you can even get a taste of Android Pie as well. Next year we can expect the first BLU Android Pie phone that runs the latest version out of the box but that will be time for Android 10 version.
BLU Vivo XI+ Android 9.0 Pie Download
- Here is Android 9 Pie FINAL VERSION for the Vivo XI+
- Charge your phone to about 70-80% just to be safe.
- Make sure and backup your data to google first (apps, contacts, etc.)
- Download the file to your computer, or to your phone.
- Put the file on the microSD memory card in the phone, in the main/root directory, NOT in a folder.
- Rename the file to update.zip.
Reboot the phone into recovery mode:
- Turn off the phone.
- Power on phone by holding the Volume UP and power button at the same time. After the logo appears, take a finger off the power, leave on the volume up.
- A very tiny menu appears on the phone (hard to see), Volume Up one time puts you into the recovery mode.
- Use volume down, move down to “Apply update from SD Card”, press power button to apply the update.
BLU Vivo XI+ Android 10 update:
The device is officially confirmed and it will not get the Android 10 update. Yes, it will not get the update. The BLU G9 Pro was recently update to Android 10 beta. There is also Android 11 update coming out to hundreds of phones. You can check the eligible Android 11 phones list for reference.
So, that was all about the BLU Vivo XI Plus Android Pie update release date, features to expect.
This post was last modified on August 12, 2020 9:12 AM